It's family-friendly, a fundraiser for many civic groups, and fun for the whole gang - it's the 38th annual Clinton Bluefish Festival taking place this Friday and Saturday, July 20 and 21, 2012. It is held at
The first Bluefish Festival was held back in the 1970s as a way for civic organizations to fun-raise and fundraise for their various causes. Participating groups not only volunteered time hosting an event, activity, or booth, but were also responsible for providing members to sit on the festival’s planning committee.
The theme of this year's event is "carnival!"
The schedule of events include the following:
Friday, July 20
- 5:30pm - gates open
- 6pm - opening ceremonies on the main stage and presentation of the 2011 Clinton Bluefish Festival Spirit of Clinton Award
- The 2012 (new!) Carnival from 6pm-10pm
- Registration for the 2012 Fishing Tournament
- 7pm-10pm - Live Music on the Main Stage
- 10pm - The Festival Closes for the night. See you all tomorrow!!
Admission is $3.00 per person. Children 12 and under free.
Saturday, July 21
- 7am - 8:30am - registration and the start of the Fishing Tournament at the Clinton Town Dock on Riverside Drive
- 11:30am - Welcome - Festival Gates Open
- 11:30am - Registration and start of the Miss & Little Miss Bluefish Contest on the stage inside the Town Hall
- 1pm - 10pm - the 2012 CARNIVAL
- Line up in front of the main stage for the 2012 CBFF Bike Parade
- 1pm Seafood Chowder Cook-Off in the tent next to the Bluefish Committee Booth on the East Side.
- The 2012 CBFF Talent contest On the Stage inside the town hall.
- 4pm - Live music on the Main Stage
- 5pm - Final weigh-ins for the 2012 CBFF Fishing Tournament at The Town Dock on Riverside Drive Clinton
- Kidz Konnection performing on the stage in the Town Hall
- Pie Eating contest sponsored by Clinton Stop & Shop in front of the main stage
- 7pm-10pm Live Music on the Main Stage
***Duck Race time to be announced***
Admission price $3 per person. Children 12 and under admitted free.