.

Updated: Hazardous Weather Outlook Issued for Windsor

The National Weather Service says there's a high probability Windsor will be in the path of a strong coastal storm set to bring heavy, wet snow in the coming days.

Update; Fri., Feb., 22; 6:07 a.m.

The National Weather Service reports winter storm watches could be issued for Southern Massachusetts and could extend south; however, NWS is currently predicting Windsor will only see about two inches of snow on Saturday.

Snow is expected to continue to fall through Sunday, but anticipated accumulation amounts for Sunday have not been released by NWS.

The latest NBC Connecticut map calls for up to eight inches in Windsor this weekend, with greater amounts falling to the northeast and northwest.

Original Story; Thurs., Feb. 21

The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Windsor, saying heavy snow is heading toward town, accompanied by a fair share of rain.

According to NWS, a strong coastal storm is scheduled to sweep through the area, bringing significant weather late Saturday through Sunday.

The storm is still three days from hitting the region, making for plenty of uncertainty, NWS reports; however, "the threat for a period of heavy snow is possible across much of the reason."

Love what you see on Windsor Patch? "Like" us on Facebook for updates throughout the storm!

Downed tree limbs and power outages are also possible due, according to NWS.

Exact accumulation amounts and form of precipitation have yet to be determined given the distance of the storm.

There is currently a 70 percent chance of precipitation Saturday, 70 percent Saturday night and 70 percent Sunday, according to NWS.

The Weather Channel reports slightly lower chances of precipitation in Windsor, with a 40 percent chance Saturday, 60 percent Saturday night and 70 percent Sunday.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »