The first day of school for the Windsor Public Schools 2012-2013 school year will be on Tuesday, August 28, 2012.
All new residents of Windsor who have children of school age are encouraged to register them for school early. In addition, parents and guardians of new students for Windsor High School and Sage Park Middle School are asked to register before August 9 to insure that testing and course selection can be completed prior to the first day of school.
Starting this school year, Kindergarten is a full-day program for all students. Classes are located at Oliver Ellsworth Primary School and at Poquonock Primary School, depending upon the child’s home address.
Central Registration for all Windsor Public Schools is located in the Board of Education Offices in the L.P. Wilson Community Center at 601 Matianuck Avenue in Windsor. The Registration Office is in Room 8.
From now until August 2, the Registration Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is closed for lunch from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Starting August 6, the Registration Office will be open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will be closed from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
The new structure of the Windsor Public Schools is:
- Oliver Ellsworth Primary School – Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 2 (students will move onto Kennedy);
- Poquonock Primary School – Kindergarten thru Grade 2 (students will move onto Clover);
- Clover Street Intermediate School – Grades 3 through Grade 5;
- John F. Kennedy Intermediate School – Grades 3 through Grade 5;
- Sage Park Middle School – remains Grades 6-8; and
- Windsor High School – remains Grades 9-12.
For the 2012-2013 year, the Roger Wolcott Early Childhood Center will not be in use as a school.
To determine which documents are required for registration in the Windsor Public Schools, please call (860) 687-2000 ext. 263, or visit www.windsorct.org.