Members of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association (CFDA) from all over the state carried in toys, gift cards and checks to their 124th Annual CFDA Convention at the Crowne Plaza Cromwell – all to benefit Connecticut’s Operation E.L.F.
This is the eighth year that the statewide association has conducted an organization-wide effort for Operation E.L.F. (Embracing Lonely Families), which helps to support the families of Connecticut National Guard troops already deployed or preparing to deploy overseas, and who also suffer financial hardship as a result of their call to active duty. Within hours, members of the Wethersfield-based association collected more than $2,000 in cash and toys for the cause.
For more information about the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association, call (860) 721-0234 or (800) 919-2332 or visit www.ctfda.org
Pictured with some of the donated toys are (left to right):
- John Cascio, Executive Director of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association (CFDA).
- Pasquale Folino, CFSP, President of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association (CFDA) and a licensed funeral director at Thomas L. Neilan & Sons Funeral Homes in New London and Niantic;
- Kimberly Hoffman, Director of the Connecticut National Guard’s Service Member & Family Support Center;
- Sean Brittell, Coordinator of the Connecticut National Guard's Family Assistance Center; and
- Robert C. Moore, IV, CFSP - 2012-2013 Treasurer of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) and a licensed New Jersey funeral director.